The Columbian Exchange Group
Venus of Willendorf Beeswax Candle
Regular price $24.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
6-inch Beeswax Candle Modeled after Venus of Willendorf handcrafted by Phoenix Nova.
- Venus of Willendorf is a symbol of the Mother Goddess. She is used as a fertility figure and is known to bring good luck.
- A beautiful and iconic example of ancient Mother Goddess figurines, the Willendorf Goddess is particularly relevant to women today as a symbol of the beauty of the fully-fleshed, maternal female body.
- carried by the men during their hunting missions in which it served not only as a reminder of their mate back at home but also as a charm to bring them success in their hunting.
- This is further strengthened by the facelessness of the figurine giving it an air of mystery and anonymity which suggests that it may have been of more importance as an object rather than as a person.
- Also, the figurine's hair is braided in seven concentric circles, seven in later times being regarded as a magic number used to bring about good luck.